Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lizards for dinner?

When I said “Yes” to settling down in Japan with my future husband (who was staying Japan then), I was thrown with lots of comments like – “You don’t know Japanese”, “You will be served lizards for dinner", “The most expensive country in the world”.
My adventurous side ignored those comments and I started my journey with mixed feelings. Yes, I admit initially it was difficult but gradually Japanese culture started sinking in and became a part of my personality. Now, after eight years I feel fortunate to have lived in this beautiful country where nature is at its best. I have learnt a new language, am more hardworking and organized and have a healthy life style. Japanese believe kindness and gratitude as their religion. Today, I thank them for teaching me both and I feel fortunate to have stayed and known this country so closely.  





No comments:

Post a Comment