Sunday, October 12, 2014

JUST before you die

Greenery, all around me takes me back to my childhood days. I grew up in lush green neighborhood. Looking at different shades of green awakens my mind to creativity and I feel protected. I took that for granted till I shifted to Dubai. Here in Dubai, I can count the number of trees from my balcony.

Ohh..I miss Sakura season in Japan. Lying alone under the cherry blossom trees with petals falling on me and the gentle breeze brushing my face, was nothing but a therapy. I miss the sweet fragrance of spring whilst having green tea and reading a book under those bright pink flowers.
I left Japan two years ago and now, when I close my eyes, the only picture that reflects back is - taking long walks alone in the streets of Kyoto. Some of my 'one-day-outings' were taking train to Kyoto from Kobe, without having any destination in mind. Walking alone looking at the shops and the hustle and bustle of the city life used to stimulate my mind. I feel a deep connection with that city till now.
I remember showing some pictures of Kyoto to my cousin in India and saying - " A city you must see before you die!" In between, I was interrupted by my naughty brother and he said - " A city you must see JUST before you die!?!" May be unintentionally he said something which might come true for me. I want to die or spend some retirement years in Kyoto.


No comments:

Post a Comment