Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Doing Laundry

I don't look forward to doing laundry every morning. I have to push myself to take out washed clothes from the washing machine and then take the laundry basket to the balcony. Hanging each cloth and then clipping it is not fascinating.
But, today I purposely thought of looking at doing this mundane chore, from a different perspective. First, I thanked God that I have a washing machine and clothes ;-) to wear, then carefully took out clothes from the machine into the basket. I thought to myself, carrying the basket to the balcony was an exercise.  In Dubai, getting fresh air is rare. Being in the balcony, for doing laundry, is perfect time to breathe fresh air. I purposely did deep breathing, long exhalation took out toxins from my body. Planning the zig-zag pattern to hang the clothes, so that they don't block each other from sunlight, surprisingly took lot of thinking and creativity! It made me ponder over my today's routine and I had an interesting conversation with myself. I let my creative juices flow and got my camera to take few shots!
Different perspective to a  day-to-day simple activity makes it so interesting and beneficial.
Which boring activity or relationship you think, you can make interesting by just changing your perspective?


No comments:

Post a Comment