Monday, October 13, 2014

SleepTalk

I attended a workshop today called SleepTalk. Initially, it sounded a bit weird but then I always like to explore and experiment. To be honest, I actually learned few tips which I want to share now -
1. 'TRY' which I always thought was a positive word is unfortunately a negative expression . I always said to my son - "At least try and finish half of that broccoli....etc".  Today I learnt that this approach is wrong.
2. Instead give OPTIONS to your kid which leads to consequential thinking! Make him chose from the various options.
3. Nagging Mother is a mother who uses these words - MUST, SHOULD and HAVE TO.  Are you one of them? I was one but from today I will change (not-try to change).
4. We want our kids to be - Safe, Secure, Confident and we want to love them Unconditionally. But, I somehow managed to portray Conditional love to my son. Kids often think that - Mummy will love me IF I do this.....
5. PRAISE for FAILURE - Praise the brain and it will give you more. So, 'words' are important.
6. Always tell your kid that - Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not all right then it is not the end. Beautiful! Isn't it?
7. The workshop taught us a technique of talking to the child whist he is asleep. I will start tonight with positive affirmations and watch for the changes.
8. Child's subconscious mind is receptive during his sleep and thats the time when the mother has to make the child believe that he is loved and protected.
9. The most important thing which I learnt today is -
"Emotional Intelligent is more important than IQ". 


No comments:

Post a Comment